Orb Droid Anti-Theft Lights
£34.99 – £59.99
Imagine a light set that lived permanently on your bike. Imagine never forgetting your lights again…
- Additional information
- Key Features
- Will it fit my bike?
- Fitting Instructions
- Reviews (3)
- USB rechargeable with up to 20 hours constant battery life, and up to 40 hours on flash
- The Droid is a high-quality CNC aluminium lightset, which fixes permanently to your bike
- 120 lumen ‘be seen’ light
- The front light integrates with the faceplate and stem, and helps prevent the theft of your handlebar and shifter components
- 180 degree cutaways for side-visibility
About the Droid
Navigate to the Droid tab at the top of the page and watch the short video to answer all (or at least some) of your questions.
The Orb Droid lightset not only prevents your lights being stolen but, by using anti-theft bolts, also prevents component theft. Featuring a fully modular design with user-replaceable parts, the Droid is designed to last for years and minimise waste.
Will it fit my bike?
Will it fit my bike?
- Designed to fit the widest variety of stems and seatposts
- Front and rear light angles are adjustable up/down
- Width between stem bolts must be between 12mm and 55mm (centre of bolt to centre)
- Bolts must enter stem at 90 degrees
- Designed for 31.8mm bars
- Distance between bolts must be the same for bottom two and top two bolts
- Rear light comes in two bracket sizes: 27.2mm and 31.8mm
- A shim/padding can be used for sizes in between this range
- Stem and pinch bolts are M5 x 18mm, seatpost bolt M5 x 30mm
- 120 lumens of light
- USB-C rechargeable
- CNC aluminium casing
- Front light 72g, rear light 66g
- Low battery indicator
- 6-40 hour runtime depending on mode used
- 8 different flashing and constant light modes
UK and NI – £3 Standard Shipping (Free Shipping over £40)
Europe – £5 Standard Shipping
North America – £8 Standard Shipping
How is it anti-theft?
The Droid is bolted to your bike using anti-theft bolts, and because we provide the necessary bolts to secure other components, you can also protect your handlebars and shifters, and saddle.
Is the Droid waterproof?
Yes, the Droid will be waterproof, and designed to remain on your bike in all conditions.
What battery life does the Droid have?
On standard flash mode, the Droid lasts for 36 hours
Can I use my standard allen key bolts?
Yes you can!
How many Lumens?
A 120 at full power, but it’s the spread of these that make the Droid so visible.
Can I see the road with it?
No, the Droid is designed as a ‘Be Seen’ light for Urban settings
What settings does The Droid have?
The Orb can be used on: full power constant, half power constant, pulse, and two separate flash modes.
Is it possible to adjust the angle of the light?
Yes! The Droid has a 30-degree angle of adjustment.
How does it charge?
We’ll be providing an extra-long USB charging cable so that you can charge the Droid without ever taking it off your bike. Store your bike somewhere without power? A USB power bank will keep you topped up!
What if I lose the specialised tool for removing the anti-theft bolts?
Not to worry, you’ll be able to order replacements both from us, and other online shops.
I want to buy a front light, but don’t want to fit it on the faceplate – is this possible?
Yes, when you order, please leave a note confirming, and we will provide with a locking collar instead of the faceplate mount.
Front light fitting
- Remove your current faceplate with a standard Allen key
- Hold your Droid light in place and gently thread all 4 bolts into place
- Carefully tighten the 4 bolts, evenly across all of them
- Tighten to around 5nm of torque (just enough to stop your handlebars rotating)
- Do not overtighten, and if damaged do not use.
Rear Light fitting
- Choose the appropriate size hinged collar
- If necessary, make a shim out of old inner tube for the correct size and fit
- Tighten the bolt until light will not rotate on seatpost
- Do not overtighten, this could strip the aluminium thread.
Battery Runtime and Charging
|Constant Low||25||20 hours|
|Constant Medium||60||11 hours|
|Constant High||120||6 hours|
|Flash Low||25||36 hours|
|Flash Medium||60||15 hours|
|Flash High||120||8 hours|
|Snake Mode||(one LED full power)||40 hours|
|Random Flash||(one LED full power)||36 hours|
Charge time around 2 hours from flat
Red low battery light comes on at 20% battery
Red LED also on whilst charging, turns green when fully charged